Mutant Zombies/Mutant Zeds are opponents encountered alongside with the regular Zombies in the abandoned KROT-1 Labs, which takes place during the Bunker/KPOT/KROT/MOLE story arc during the entire Paranoia Series.
There are different types of Mutant Zombies.
- 4-armed Mutant Zombies are encountered six times.
- The Mutant Zombie that comes out of the armory has one long arm acting as a third leg, and has two spikes on each side of his body.
- The Mutant Zombie that comes out the elevator shaft is a female with four legs like a spider human.
- The Mutant Zombie test subject near the exit walks on the ceiling and has a long neck.
Behind the Scenes Edit
- Twelve years back since the Paranoia Mod project was in full swing, there were supposed to be no regular Zombies/Clones at all. Instead, remodelled Gonomes from Half-Life: Opposing Force, had used to take their place as Mutant Zombies, and their sounds are shared from the Walkers, the Dog Beasts, and the Whitley-Thing all together from the video game version of The Thing. It's highly likely that those Mutants that appeared in the 2003 prototype version of Paranoia we're to be replaced by the Four-Armed Mutant Zombies and also the Clones in the retail explained earlier, despite that both the Four-Armed Mutant Zombies and also the Replicants have three alternate head textures, as of evidenced in the prototype footage, here.